Mac Lipstick in Dubonnet

7:26 PM

The story goes like this...

I went to Mac determined to get myself an everyday shade of brown, something simple enough to wear everyday and something that doesn't make me feel like my lips are a giant 'look at me poster' (yes, these are legitimate concerns of mine). I was determined. If you'd have asked me what I was going into Mac for I would not have hesitated to tell you. And yet, when I left...I was carrying a shade of reddish lipstick called Dubonnet. I blame the lovely sales assistant who said it 'brightened up my face' (more than any brown could ostensibly). Who would say no to lipstick after a compliment like that? Not me, obviously. I snapped it up, walked out and was more than chuffed with myself until I started to wonder...hey, what is 'Dubonnet' anyway? I felt like I'd been conned. Mac lipsticks usually have great names like 'Dark Side' or 'Mac Red' and other cool references like that which I totally get but this time I was stumped. This was until google came to the rescue! Apparently Dubonnet is a sweet, red French wine. I finally get the reference. Not being a wine snob (and I use the term affectionately) it took a while but now I believe this might be Mac's coolest reference yet (of all their lipsticks I own anyway). Like all Mac lipsticks the texture is smooth, it moisturizes and dare I say it...brightens up my face better than any brown ever could!

Do you agree?




Hope you're liking my Coolpix;)

Yours In Style
X


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images